Friday, May 6, 2016

The Unforgettable Marathon


This looks like a marathon worth remembering.
If I could do a marathon outdoors, in a place like what is pictured above, it would be well worth remembering.

But the marathon I am debating doing would be on the C2, indoors, in a room that effectively has no window because it's always shuttered closed.  And it smells like a horse barn by the time I'm done doing a marathon.
Actually, a horse barn would smell better, in Diane's opinion.  And it would be more scenic, if it had a horse, like the one pictured above.  But no... I row in a small room that looks like the one below, only different in many ways, including floor, color, etc etc.  Plus... as I said earlier, the window is shuttered in the room I use.
This room actually looks nicer than where I row.  But I have a computer and tv, which this room lacks.
So I haven't FORGOTTEN to do a marathon before May 15th, but I almost wish I could.

In the meantime while procrastinating about doing a marathon, today's goal was to add a 6K piece to the collection of those in Concept 2 Indoor Rowing World Rankings for this brand new season.  Like yesterday's pieces, I did the 6K at 2:15/500m for the sake of ... a few reasons and a few non-sequiturs, all of which amounted to mostly for the fun of it. To have a collection of ranked sessions of all different set distances and times, each done at 2:15.
6K finish screen.
6K report
To bring the total meters for today to 10K+, the warm down was 4500 meters.
4K finish screen

Warm-down report

Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment