Friday, April 22, 2016

Mild To Moderate Half Marathon Erg Experience

The guy sitting on this rowing machine was in a lot more pain than I was today. But his lasted less than the last half of less than 7 minutes. Probably.  Assuming he just finished a 2K race.
Okay - so the suspense, as personified by yesterday's picture of Alfred Hitchcock, is over.  Yes, I did try again today, to set a new season best time in the half marathon.  But today I started out a lot slower, aimed to maintain a pace equal to my previous season best for all but the last 2,000 meters, and didn't really suffer.

On the free pain scale which I found on the internet just now, my pain during the last 10 or 12,000 meters would probably be somewhere between mild and moderate.  It was nothing to write home about. But... the penguins were impressed (that is further down in this blog article).
If you can't read the words in red, you don't need new glasses.  They aren't very readable.
Here is the starting screen for today's RowPro moderated half marathon.  Notice that I added something that the session yesterday did not have - a target pace zone.  That was to remind me that I wouldn't feel blue about failing, if I kept the pace in the blue while sailing along the digital river. Or would flailing be a more apt term than sailing? Nah - it felt like I used fairly good form throughout.
Notice the blue pace target for today's session.  It is centered precisely on 2:10, my previous season best.
  Here's the finish screen:
Today's finish screen.
If I was Finnish, the above screen could be a Finnish finish screen.  But I'm not Suomalainen.
Here's the session report:
Today's RowPro session report for today's half marathon on the erg.
In this season's Concept 2 World Rankings for heavyweight men aged 60-69, I moved up from 48th place to 46th place.  Woohoo!
Actually, it wasn't a very impressive half marathon performance.  But these penguins are easily impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment