Friday, April 8, 2016

Sick Day Shuffle


Today's rowing session was minimal because of sickness.  It seems that the racing of yesterday and the day before (ten 100 meter sprints yesterday and 30 minute time trial the day before) gave a virus that had been trying to attack a bit more of a toehold to do its virus-y work.

During and after the 30 minute race the day before yesterday, I started coughing up some mucus and getting a sore throat.  Yesterday, the sore throat got a bit worse, along with the other symptoms.  Yesterday evening I started getting a fever.  Last night I was feverish and sweating and spent 11 hours in bed to get 8 or 9 hours of actual sleep.

This morning I felt slightly better but still had a painful sore throat and felt chilled after getting out of bed.  So even though the temperature in Tucson was 70 degrees, I dressed in lined sweatpants, jacket, knit cap and a scarf wrapped a few times around the neck to stay warm until rowing began.

For a rowing session today, I decided on a mere "shuffle" which consisted of a set distance equal to the average daily distance rowed so far this season, so as not to fall back in that respect.
The chosen heart zone target was at or near the lower boundary of the lowest heart zone, zone #1, as near as possible to a resting heart level while still doing aerobic activity.
I looked for a free image of a resting heart but all I could find was  a free image of a nesting heart.
So anyway... here's today's workout data for the record:
Today's RowPro finish screen
Today's RowPro session report




No comments:

Post a Comment